We all have been there, we wake up in a big rush, jump in the shower while brushing teeth, we are out the shower into our clothes and in a crazy rush we blow dry our hair and pull a hot iron through it. This is a routine most of us follow, but it puts loads of strain on your hair damaging it and ruining your locks.
Here we listed tips to help you do the process the right way and to keep your hair luscious.
Tips to Straighten Your Hair
- Firstly, your hair should be very dry when you start straightening it. Don’t blow your hair dry at immense heat, keep it medium, it will take longer, but trust me patience is a virtue. And your hair would be grateful.
- Do not straighten your hair to many times a week, try using different hairstyles throughout the week. This will give your hair time to recuperate.
- Manage the temperatures on all your tools, this will keep your hair stronger for longer.
- Once a month use hair treatment products, especially when using high heat objects like blow dryer and flat iron.
- When your ends are dry cut it immediately, this will keep your hair growing and healthier for longer. Besides split ends give your hair a poor appearance.
- It would also be good to use a product that protects your hair from the heat before straightening it. After applying it, let sit for a little bit. Then, dry it well. After doing this, start straightening it.
- Before starting to straighten it, you should completely detangle your hair. If you don’t do this and there are knots in it when you straighten it, it can stretch out and burn.
- Also be sure that the iron that you use is of good quality. Unfortunately, the cheap ones will tend to end up being more expensive in the long run as your hair will be damaged.
- The use of modern steam straighteners is always a good option.
Your diet with the right use of hair tools are important.
Water is also essential for keep your hair healthy. Always remember to drink the necessary daily amount of water.
Below are a list of the necessary nutrients for your hair to look radiant and strong, and what foods you can find them in.
- Iron: spinach, watercress, chicken, fish, pork, etc.
- Omega 3: sardines, tuna, walnuts, spinach, strawberries.
- Zinc: fish, meat, eggs, cheese.
- Selenium: garlic, onions, plums, melons, grapes.
- Vitamin A: liver, eggs, carrots, almonds.
- Vitamin B: dairy products, fruits, fish, red meat, eggs.
- Vitamin C: guava, kiwi, red pepper, papaya, oranges.
- Folic acid: garbanzo beans, liver, lentils, avocado, tomatoes, bananas.
There are modern options like Isabella B hair care capsules. It is a natural product that works wonders and is highly affordable with free shipping!!