7 benefits of rice water
Using rice water for hair
Rice water has not yet been proven to work in a research facility. But devoted users believe fully that this is the best way to grow hair.
The choice is yours.
Rice water is the water that remains after you have cooked your rice. It is a starchy substance.
5 Vitamins Rice water contain:
- amino acids
- B vitamins
- vitamin E
Rice water started in Japan, because they believed it kept their skin beautiful and healthy.
Modern women in Japan have reported to have 2-meter-long hair, because they make use of rice water in their daily lives. They also reported that they do not turn grey before the age of 60!
7 Benefits of rice water
This is not 100% proven yet, but those that use it believes it:
- detangles the hair
- makes hair smoother
- increases shine
- makes hair stronger
- helps hair grow long
- protects hair from damage
- eliminates dandruff
How to make rice water
There are several different ways to make rice water, including
Rice water that is soaked is the best way to use it:.
To use this method:
- take ½ cup of uncooked rice
- rinse thoroughly
- place rice in a bowl with 2–3 cups of water
- leave to soak for 30 minutes
- strain the rice water into a clean bowl
How to use rice water in 2 ways
Rice water can replace a commercial conditioner. To do this, a person should:
- wash your hair with shampoo
- rinse thoroughly with tap water
- cover your head with rice water
- massage the rice water into the hair and scalp
- leave on for up to 20 minutes
- rinse hair thoroughly using warm water from the tap
Some people like to leave the rice water in overnight. But the water will begin to ferment, and bacteria will begin to grow. So I think it is best if we skip that.
- Take an adequate amount of mustard powder and mix it in fermented rice water until it forms a smooth paste.
- Add some olive oil to the paste and mix thoroughly.
- Apply the paste on your scalp. Try not to spread it onto your hair.
- Leave the mask on for 20 minutes and then wash it off with a mild shampoo.
Over time, rice water tends to get retained in your hair and scalp if you use hard water. Add lime, shikakai, or amla (gooseberries) or a natural clarifier to your hair rinse to avoid and remove the build-up of rice water in your hair.
Rice water contains natural saponins. Hence, it can be used on your skin too. Use small amounts of this liquid with other ingredients for clear skin.
Make Rice water Conditioner:
This is achieved by adding rosemary, lavender or geranium essential oil to the rice water and apply on the hair.
Allow it to stay for 10 minutes then wash it off. It is important since it is rich in amino acids that will improve the volume and strength of the hair. It also balances the scalps PH levels as it doesn’t have any chemicals nor preservatives.
If you are not a big fan of this method but you would love to get long and healthy hair the easy and proven way, then you should check out www.beautysorigin.com.
Their products are formulated from natural ingredients and they really work.
Some of their clients have reported growth of up to 5cm in one month.
Their service is also extremely quick and very friendly.